Friday, April 2, 2010

Week 2

Hey everyone! So everything is pretty much the same every day. I am not saying that is a bad thing, I am just saying that there isn't much to write about. Everything is going great. Spanish is coming along pretty good and so is the Gospel. The one thing I wish I would have done before coming to the MTC, is learn more about the Gospel. I thought I knew a lot, but I had no idea. There is so much more to learn.

Every day is about the same here. Sometimes it feels like I have been here for a year and other times I can't believe that it has already been two weeks. I wish I could expain. I am sure Dad knows what I am talking about, so if you really want to know why my thoughts don't make sense, Dad can probably explain it a little better. Elder Smith and I are starting to get down some techniques and finally figuring out the best way to teach. At the MTC they have progressive investigators for us to teach. They are just members acting, but they are good actors. They never change or talk to you how you did or anything. If you didn't know they were members already, there is no way you would. Elder Smith and I have been teaching one of these "investigators" named Jose Luis Garcia, and we are committing him to baptism on monday. It is exciting even though he is just acting.

Thank you for the packages!!!! They made my day. But.... there is one thing I still need. So, I am going crazy without music here. I am always whistling and singing during class. If it isn't too much trouble, could you send me a harmonica? I know that is kind of weird, but I need some kind of music.

I love all of you so much! I am sorry I don't write much. I will try to write more. Have a great week and I will talk to you next thursday.

Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment