Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hey everyone! How is life going? Everything is still the same here, but that is not a bad thing. I think I already told you, but I was put in as district leader two weeks ago, so that has been a good experiance so far. I am so ready to leave for Mexico. There is only so much you can learn from a classroom. Anyway... I thought I should tell you that I can't call on mother's day in the MTC, so don't be expecting a call. Sorry. I am scheduled to fly out on the seventeenth of may, but I don't know what time. We should get our flight plans within the next couple weeks. But... this all depends on my visa. I will be lucky if I get to leave the seventeenth. I will keep you posted. And, I can call from the airport, so that should be great!!
Mom, you have to speak huh? Sacrifice? hmm... Like you said, any sacrafice made for God is always out-weighed by the blessings. I think the key for sacrafice is faith. The more faith we have the less of a sacrifice it is. And, if you think about it, this Gospel is all based on sacrifices. Jesus Christ is the center of everything and his purpose in life was to sacrifice himself for us. In the temple we covenant to sacrifice everything we have for the Lord, both physical and spiritual. in Alma 22:18 King Lamoni's father tells Ammon that he is willing to give up all his sins to know God. Are we? Thank you so much for the package! You read my mind. I love you
Dad, well I am running out of time, but I will try to answer those questions the best I can. It is hard to narrow it down to one experience. Like I told you before, I never had some crazy vision or dream of anything like that, but all the little things in my life that have pointed me to believe in Christ out do any dream or vision I could hope for. Like Alma and Nephi said, by little things are great things brought to pass. The thing I would like to say to all the young men is know who you are, and if needs be, change who you are. You can't change your life unless you change your actions, you can't change your actions unless you change your attitude, you can't change your attitude unless you change your beliefs and values, and you can't change your beliefs and values unless you change your identity. Your identity is everything. Are you a disciple of Jesus Christ? Go home and ask yourself, "Who am I?" And then ask yourself that same question every day for the rest of your life. Anyway... I love you dad. Hope that is what you wanted.
I am running out of time, so Nia, Shayla, and Matthew, how are you guys? I love you guys so much. I hope you are being good examples to everyone. Nia, I have a request for you... will you send me some song lyrics. like ten good songs. like brad paisley, neyo, and whatever else is good. I trust you. just make sure they are good and won't drive away the spirit. I love you all!! Keep writing. I love getting your letters!!!
I love you!
Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment