Thursday, July 15, 2010

He's finally in Mexico!!!!

Hey everyone!!!! Mexico City is crazy!! I can't even begin to explain it. I got here thursday night around ten and friday morning we had a training with President Chavez. He is great. I already love him. That night I got my companion, Elder Carreon, and went to my first area. I am in Iztapalapa. It is like the ghettos of all ghettos. Got look it up. Elder Carreon is awesome. He is from Chihuahua and he doesn't speak a word of english. I am glad he doesn't though. We live in one of the best apartments in town and it is worse than any house in fairview. It is about the size of mom and dad's room, which is way good for here. Our shower doesn't work so we have to get a bucket of water and to make it hot we have this old iron, like for clothes, put it in the water and plug it in. haha them we just use a cup and bathe. I love it though. The people are great. I still don't know a lot of the people, but I will. We have about ten baptisms scheduled for this month and a couple for august already. Spanish is still my weakness, but I know it will come.
Mom, how is your spanish coming? I told Hailey that when I call for christmas I am not going to speak any english to her. I am thinking about doing the same thing to you, so you better be ready. I love you
Dad, how are you doing? So the YM are having problems huh? I wish I knew how to help. it is kind of hard to get them to care about a lot of things, and I was the same way. Tell them that I say Hi and that I have never been happier in my life as I am right now on my mission. Ask then what is the most important thing in their life and let them think about it. anyway... I love you
Hailey, I am glad you answered your phone this time. It was great to talk to you. Mexico city is crazy! I can't even begin to explain. I can see why a lot of them want to come to america. How is life going? I love you
Nia, it was great to talk to you on the phone. You sound great. I am glad you are having fun at the bakery. Tell the girls I say hi and that I miss them and I am glad I am still in your thoughts. I am excited for you to start school. I love you
Shayla!!! How was girls camp? I am sad I didn't get to talk to you. I hope you had a ton of fun. How is life going? Tennis? Fill me in. I miss you. I love you
Matthew! what's up bro? dad says that you might be taller than me when i get home, but you can keep dreaming. How is your summer going? How did you go in state? I love you
Well, life is great and I am so glad to be here. I have figured out these last couple weeks that life is only as bad as you make it, and it is always possible to be more happy. And to be honest, what do we really have to be sad about? nothing. If you could see what I have seen, you would never be sad, and I haven't even seen half of it. I love you all and we are all so blessed. Have a great week and smile for me. And do me a favor, don't pray for me anymore. I want you to pray for the people in Mexico city. They are the ones that really need it. Okay? I will try to send some pictures next week. :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment