Monday, June 28, 2010

Hey Family,
How is everything going? It was great to get all your emails. They for sure made my day. So everything is pretty much the same here. We have a "family" or a group of friends, I guess I should say, that all live together and they seem really interested in the church. There are two couples and two friends, so six in total. The two couples aren't married and they said that they don't want to be. They told us that they are living in "amor libre" or free love. That is one of the big problems in the spanish assignment. There are a lot of people who we have to get married before we can baptize them. Anyway, we have quite a few investigators, and they all like the gospel and what we teach, but the problem we are having right now is getting them to want to change or do something that they are not comfortable with.
My spanish is getting better, just last night we had two dinner appointments so we had to split up. My two trainers went to one and Elder Ford and I went to the other. Elder Ford kind of has a hard time with spanish, so he didn't say a word all night. I talk a ton and they gave me some advice on mexico and we just talked about all sorts of things. It was a lot of fun. And just the other night I talked to this guy who is from Mexico City and he talks so fast. It was pretty hard to understand everything, but I got most of it. I hope I can talk like him when I get out there.
Anyway... everything is going pretty good. I wish I had more to write, but I wouldn't know where to start. You are all just going to have to wait until I can read my journal to you. I am writing in spanish now so that is the only way you are going to get to know what happened. Life is good though. Please keep praying for my visa! My address here is:
8060s 615e
sandy utah 84070
Mom, that is so awesome about matthew. I wish I could have seen it. It sounds like life is going pretty good. I am so glad that it is. So I have no idea when my visa is going to come. We just got 20 more "visa waiters" in the mission a couple days ago. I really hope it comes soon. I love you so much and thank you for the email.
Dad, Hailey said that you and mom went to a chicago concert. How was it? So are you coaching matthew? it sounds like it was a pretty fun weekend. I love being out here, but at the same time I really want to get to mexico. Thank you for the prays and please keep praying. I love you
Matthew! Dude! That is crazy that you won the Lion's tournament. I never won that when I was a kid. Mom and Dad said you are doing way good. I hope you get to go to state. You better keep working hard at baseball and football so we can play when I get home. you are never going to be able to beat me, so keep dreaming sucker!! :) ha ha how is summer going? Are you working anywhere? I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment