Friday, August 26, 2011

Bueno pues... This week was a great one just like any other. On Monday we had to go pick up the new missionaries at the MTC here in Mexico and that whole day was filled with instructions. President, Elder Jessup, and I talked to them about the vision that we have here in this mission. It was great to see the excitement that they had in their eyes. Everytime I see the new missionaries it makes me wish that the whole mission had that kind of spirit and excitement. We also had the chance to give a small instruction to the english speaking Elders. It was very hard and I realized that returning home is going to be quite a challenge. President also speaks english so of course he was making fun of us. Tuesday we have the transfer meeting and Wednesday we have another day-long instruction for the new missionaries and their companions. It has been a busy week, but I love it.

Tomorrow we have another three baptisms. Theirr names are Norma, Sophia, and Leticia. Each one of their stories is a miracle. They have been in teaching for the past four months and have had a lot of doubts. We have had to teach slowly with much patience to be able to help them understand. With Norma and her daughter Sophia, I learned something that I had learned before, but had forgotten. I guess you could say I remembered something. Ever since the first appointment that we had we them, they had been praying to know if this message was true and if the Book of Mormon was true. Everytime we asked them how their prayer went they said that they didn't feel anything and were still waiting for their answer. After a few times of them telling us that they still hadn't recieved an answer, I asked them what they thought about the book and our message. I said, "I don't want you to focus on what you have felt or haven't felt right now. I just want you to tell me what you think about all this. Do you think that this book is true?" Norma kind of paused and then she looked at us and said, "Yes". We then turned to D&C 8:2 and talked about how the Spirit talks to us by feeling and thoughts and that she shouldn't ignore the thoughts she was having. She understood very well and she and her daughter are now one day away from being baptized into the church of Christ.

This lesson really made me think. Many times we ingore our thoughts because we are waiting for some kind of feeling. However, I am almost sure that almost all feelings from the Spirit come by meditating upon the little thoughts that He puts in our minds. If you think about it, what was the most important revelation of this last dispensation? Many people would say it was the first vision of the prophet Joseph Smith. That is not correct. I believe that the most important revelation was when the young Joseph Smith read James 1:5. He relates that he meditated many times and that he came to the conclusion that he had to ask God. The Dispensation of the Fulness of Times was all started because of a thought. The Holy Ghost comunicates to us through our thoughts, and the feelings come when we meditate, ponder, or act upon these thoughts. I invite you to pay close attention to your thoughts and to have faith and act upon them.

I love you all and I hope you are doing great.

Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment