Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hey everyone. So I thought I would start out this letter with a funny story. We just barely got to our house on saturday and after we had unpacked, we went out to work and we locked the keys in the house. My companion gave me a boost and I squeezed through this little hole in the roof that le into the bathroon. The plan we to get in the house and open it from the inside. anyway... When I lowered myself into the bathroom i thought all of our trouble was over, but no. Our bathroon just happens to lock from the outside. I was now trapped in a little 4'x4' bathroom with no way to get out. It was about ten o'clock now. for the next hour I tried to take the door apart, I tried to open it with a wire hanger that my companion found outside, and everything else you can imagine. When I finally realized that i wasn't going to be able to get out through the door, I started to think of a way to get back up the hole. The adrenaline helped me jump a good 40 inch vertical and with one hand I pulled myself back through the hole. That night we slept in the house of a couple missionaries there close. The next day we went to church just how we were and at about nine o'clock the next night the owner finally got home and he came to open the door for us. haha It was a crazy weekend.
Things are going great here. We are working hard and starting from scratch. It is going good though. We already have a couple baptisms planned for this next week. Elder Peacock is one of the funniest kids I know. We sure are enjoying the mission with a lot of hard work and a lot of fun. This is now the second time I have trained a new zone leader and like it a lot.
How are you all going? I hope things are going great. I miss you all and I can't wait to talk to you again at christmas. ha ha I love you. I have learned this week that prayer is sooo important. It make all the difference. But, we need to have a preparation and a follow up. I invite you to find out how you can have those two parts that are forgotten a lot of times. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment