Sunday, October 16, 2011

Letter from October 15

This week was great. On Sunday Angel got baptized. Angel is a 12 year old kid who lives with his grandparents. His grandparents are members, but they hadn't been to church for about ten years. We got to know them and they are great people. They started coming to church again and we baptized their grandson. He is going to be a great missionary one day. We also had another baptism just this last Wednesday. His name is Javier. He is a thirty year old guy who has been though a lot in his life. He is separated from his wife and he has two kids. I had been teaching him in one of my old areas about four months ago and just a month ago we got a referral from the elders there and they told us that Javier had moved and now lives in my area where I am right now. We started teaching him and before you knew it, he was baptized. It was a great week. I will send pictures.

The mission is going great. It is growing like crazy. In these last three transfers seven Elders have finished their missions and 45 have arrived. Next month two Elders and going home and 22 will be arriving. We are starting to put missionaries all over the place. The mission is so small and we are running out of run. It is such a blessing though.

I love being here and I know that this is the work of the Lord. I know that Christ lives and this is His only true church. I love you all and I miss you. Keep smiling for me.

Elder Ricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment